Engineered Hardwood Floors
Advancements in flooring materials have allowed for the development of strong, easy to install, versatile flooring products. Engineered hardwood flooring is an excellent alternative to traditional hardwood floors, and offers enhanced strength and durability when compared to solid wood flooring.
Typically, engineered hardwood flooring combines a real hardwood surface layer with multiple plywood layers found underneath. Our premier engineered hardwood products have a solid ash, oak or hickory hardwood core, making them more stable when compared to flooring with a plywood core. The unique construction of engineered wood flooring material allows them to retain the natural characteristics of real wood while providing greater stability, ease of installation and excellent durability.
At Darmaga Hardwood Flooring, our high-quality engineered hardwood products from brands like Vintage, Superior, Kentwood and Mirage are radiant heat approved. This means that you can combine the beautiful flooring you’ve chosen with an underfloor heating system that keeps you comfortable.
Why Choose Engineered Wood Flooring?
There are many advantages to choosing engineered hardwood floors for your home. Here are just a few of the main reasons that homeowners choose to install engineered flooring:
- The top layer of engineered hardwood is made of real wood, meaning it can be sanded and refinished 1-3 times, depending on the thickness of the top layer
- Engineered hardwood works well in basements, kitchens, or bathrooms where humidity conditions could affect solid hardwood
- Engineered flooring can be installed in a number of ways, including nail-down installations, glue-down installations and floating installations
- Engineered floor materials are available in the same range of styles and finishes as solid hardwood
- More stable, which means gaping and cupping are issues of the past
- Easier to replace single boards if required